General iPad Troubleshooting Tips
Keep your iPad clean
Remember that school iPads are intended for you to use them for school.
- Delete any unnecessary apps (this includes games), photos, videos, documents, etc...
- A general rule of thumb is to have at least 10 GB of free space left on your iPad.
- Other sources say one to two GB. Five GB should be fine if you cannot get to ten GB
- Delete emails and other notifications that are not necessary. Keep up with this on a daily basis.
Keep your iPad up to date
- Go into the app store once in a while and press the account button. Check for app updates.
- Check for system updates, update!
Make sure you are connected
- Make sure you are connected to a network that has Internet access.
- Do you need to restart a network device?
- Is the Internet just down for a few minutes?
- There may be some issues due to the number of people using the networks now.
Steps to Troubleshoot
If you have updated, cleaned up, and made sure your device has Internet access.
- Follow the messages. Do you need a password reset? Do you think you have Internet access but the message says you do not?
Click here to request a USD443 Google password reset
- Check Privacy settings. Does the app need access to the microphone, camera, something else?
- When was the last time your device had a good 15-minute nap? Shut your iPad completely off for 15 minutes. Do not even plug it in to charge.
- Perform a hard reset.
Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
Use a good power cord, the original Apple cable if possible.
Cheap cords cause problems.