Board of Education - USD 443 Dodge City
- The Unified School District 443 Board of Education is comprised of seven (7) local citizens elected at-large.
- Members serve four-year staggered terms. Currently, three (3) expire in 2019 and four (4) expire in 2017.
- Terms run for four years, with the new Board seated at the first meeting in January.
- As required by state law, members serve without compensation.
- The Board of Education is committed to periodically drafting and reviewing progress toward goals for the Board of Education and for the welfare of the District.
- Visit the Board Goals section for the full text of the S.M.A.R.T. goals and progress made to-date.
- Board meetings are scheduled on the second and typically the fourth Monday of each month.
2016-2017 Schedule of Regular Board of Education Meetings
Monday, July 11, 2016 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, August 8, 2016 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, August 22, 2016 12:00 PM Miller Elementary
Monday, September 12, 2016 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, September 26, 2016 12:00 PM Bright Beginnings
Monday, October 10, 2016 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, October 24, 2016 12:00 PM Linn Elementary
Monday, November 14, 2016 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, December 12, 2016 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, January 9, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, January 23, 2017 12:00 PM Northwest Elementary
Monday, February 13, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, February 27, 2017 12:00 PM Comanche Middle School
Monday, March 27, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, April 10, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, April 24, 2017 12:00 PM Soule Elementary
Monday, May 8, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, May 22, 2017 12:00 PM Dodge City High School
Monday, June 12, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, June 26, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
Monday, July 10, 2017 6:00 PM 1000 Second Avenue
- Regular meetings will begin at 6:00 pm CT in the Austen Auditorium at the Central Administration Building located at 1000 North 2nd Avenue, unless otherwise noted.
- The second meetings of the month are held at 12:00 Noon, at the school locations shown above.
- The Board invites community participation to comment on items not included on the agenda at the beginning of each meeting. There will be opportunities for public comment on items appearing on the agenda after the BOE has discussed those particular items. Patrons are asked to keep comments brief.
- All Board meetings are recorded and televised on Cox Communications Channel 21. Please check the Channel 21 airplay schedule for times. For more information about the Board of Education, please call (620) 371-1070.
- The Board prepares an agenda for each regular meeting. To be included on the electronic notification list, please email Deborah Longton at email@example.com.
- If you do not have regular access to email, you may request paper copy of the agenda by writing:
William R. Hammond
Clerk of the Board
USD 443 Board of Education
PO Box 460
Dodge City, KS 67801
Agendas are generally available the Thursday prior to the Board meeting by 4:00 pm.
Current and archived agendas are available online.
Official minutes are available in the online archive once approved by the Board of Education.
- Comprehensive, fully searchable, Board of Education Policies are available online.